Important Information about Non-Immigrant Visas
16 September 2016
With the introduction of new rules for Non-Immigrant visas, The Royal Thai Consul UK is now providing direct assistance for all categories of Non-Immigrant visa applications.
Under the new legislation, when applying for any category of Non-Immigrant visa, the Royal Thai Consul asks applicants to email all documentation for checking to the Hull Consulate, (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will then forward the application to the London Embassy for approval to issue.
The applicant is then informed of the decision by the London Embassy and, where approved, is invited to visit the Hull Consulate where the visa can be issued promptly. This application checking service is not available at the London Embassy, where persons posting their application to London will only learn if they will be granted multiple or single entry or even only a tourist visa on receiving their passport again.
New Sports Transit Visa is now available from The Royal Thai Consul
3 August 2016
A new single entry visa is now available from The Royal Thai Consul for people who are visiting Thailand for the purpose of engaging in sport and for those who are part of the official support team of the sports person.
Applicants must provide a document/letter from the relevant Thai Authority and other organisations as appropriate providing the following information:
- Evidence that the named person(s) who is (are) either the sports person or who is (are) part of the support team of the sports person who will be officially involved in participating in a particular sports event taking place in Thailand. The letter will need to include the following:
- a) Name of sports event.
- b) Date(s) of sports event.
- c) Venue of sports event.
- d) Duration of sports event.
- e) Name of sports person or member of support team.
- Evidence that the applicant will be exiting Thailand to another country within 30 days of entry such as copy of onward flight ticket or similar.
ONLY A SINGLE ENTRY VISA WILL BE GRANTED
The single entry visa is valid for three months from date of issue and allows a single stay in Thailand of up to 30 days. Do not stay in Thailand beyond the ADMITTED UNTIL date as stamped in the applicant’s passport.
Find out more information about the new Sports Transit Visa here
UK Government Information About Travelling to Thailand
1 Oct 2015
UK Passport holders planning to travel to Thailand can check on the latest travel advice by visiting the UK Government's travel advice website here: